- This event has passed.
Willimantic Whitewater Partnership Riverfest 2017
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Willimantic Whitewater Partnership is again coordinating a Riverfest on the Willimantic River in Willimantic, Connecticut
Please forward this notice to interested groups and individuals!
Riverfest 2017 will be on Saturday, May 20. Following are some info and requests, but please like and share this post to spread the word…
1. Due to our recent… remediation and re-seeding, we will be holding this year’s festival portion of the event in the parking lot of Bridge Street Plaza, right across the street from our site on Bridge Street.
2. The river paddle will run from 10 a.m. thru 12 p.m. You can drop off your kayak/canoe at the Eagleville Dam starting at 9:15, then drive to Bridge Street Plaza to register and catch a bus back up to the dam.
3. We need vendors, sponsors, food trucks, and musical acts – if you or someone you know is interested in the event, please let us know. We seek local vendors who sell crafts, jewelry, books, honey, maple syrup, cheeses, environmental services and any member of the community who would like to participate in some way.
4. We will also be reaching out to local schools in an effort to more fully involve the community. If your school group would like to participate in some way – volunteer, chorus, band, dance, kids’ activities, display art, etc. – please let us know.
5. We always need volunteers to help staff and run the event. If you are a member who would like to volunteer, or even just an interested party, please let us know. We would love to have you participate in Riverfest 2017!
If you would like to purchase your Riverfest 2017 river paddle tickets, please click below.
Tickets cost $10 for an individual paddler and $25 for 3 or more related paddlers.
You can also buy your ticket for the river paddle on the day of the event, but why wait? 🙂 Looking forward to seeing lots of paddlers this year!!