Energy Assistance Available Through the Access Community Action Agency

Applications for energy assistance for the 2014-2015 heating season are now being accepted by the Access Community Action Agency.  Program eligibility is determined by total household gross income and is available for all heated households using oil, kerosene, propane, wood, coal, electric, or natural gas heat except motor homes and campers.  Residents of Windham and Tolland counties can contact Access in Willimantic at         860-450-7423 or in Danielson at 860-412-1601 to make an appointment to determine eligibility and to find out what documentation they will need to bring to their appointments.  Appointments are currently available during the agency’s normal business hours of 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.  Households that have received energy assistance in the past must reapply and bring in updated documentation to be eligible for the new heating season.  Each applicant must bring in copies of their documentation and if there is missing documentation they will be rescheduled.

Funding for this program is provided by the Connecticut Department of Social Services.  The Energy Assistance program is designed to offset winter heating costs for low-income (below 60% of state median income) households in Windham and Tolland counties.  Benefits are determined by total household gross income and liquid assets. Deliverable-heated households may use benefits starting November 15th and ending March 15. Utility-heated households (CL&P and YES Yankee Gas) are eligible to participate in the matching payment programs and are protected from utility shut-off from November 15 through April 15.

To apply for assistance, applicants must schedule an appointment and provide copies of the following documents for all household members.

Names, birth dates and Social Security cards.

Gross income for four consecutive weeks immediately prior to your application (paystubs, self-

employment worksheet, unemployment printout) for everyone in the household over 18.

Self-employment worksheet, 1040 and Schedule C.

SS, SSI, SSDI Cash Assistance – statement required from debit card deposits, SNAP, rental income


Pensions, VA, bank interest (CD, IRA)

Child support and/or alimony documents

Lease, rent receipt, mortgage statements, tax bill or lot rent receipt.

CL&P and/or Yankee Gas bill(s) in adult household member’s name.

Landlord’s name, address and phone.

All pages from your recent bank accounts statements showing name and account numbers

(checking & savings). Name of bank and account numbers must be on the printed statements.

Financial aid forms for everyone in the household.

Helping businesses be more successful.

Questions or Request? Please email us at:

Windham Region Chamber of Commerce
1010 Main St., P.O. Box 43
Willimantic CT 06226
Phone: (860) 423-6389
Fax: (860) 423-8235

Corporate Sponsors

Savings Institute Key Bank Eversource
Hit Music i98.3 Gutter Guys
The Chronicle Logistics Consulting WILI 1400 AM

A very special thank you to our Corporate Sponsors for your dedication and continued support to our region.

We ♥ Feedback

We value your opinion, please let us know if you want to see more of something you like or how we can improve upon anything!

   Submit Feedback

Connect With Us

We accept the following payment: