Date: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
Time: 11:30am – 1:00pm
Location: Questers’ Way – Located inside the East Brook Mall – 95 Storrs Rd, Mansfield Center
Cost: $20 members | $25 non members– includes lunch
You must register no later than 12pm, the Monday before the luncheon on our website.Register Here
Topic: How to Make LinkedIn Work for You
Over the last few months, Linkedin has implemented many new features and policies that have impacted our use. As these new systems continue to roll out, we need to hone our social media networking skills to stay sharp.
During this presentation, I’ll share my 10 years’ worth of experience, tips and best practices with you on how to overcome these minor obstacles and stay focused on using Linkedin to network and grow your business, build your team, or transition into a new career.
Networking for Success: How to Make LinkedIn Work for You
Come and learn:
- The power of your LinkedIn profile
- The best way to build relationships using groups
- Common networking do’s and don’ts
- Develop your referral network plan
- LinkedIn success stories
- And moreNetworking using social media (LinkedIn) gives us a tremendous opportunity to communicate with colleagues, customers, and prospects. It allows us to create and use our personal brand and helps us spread our message in a stress-free and informal way.During this interactive presentation, you’ll come away with at least one idea or action that you can use right away to increase your networking success. This presentation is ideal for networkers, business owners, managers, customer service teams, and sales people who depend on the ability to effectively communicate and quickly connect with people using social media.
About The Presenter Steve Porcaro
Hi, I’m Steve Porcaro, and I’m passionate about helping individuals and businesses achieve their goals through effective sales, leadership, and business development strategies.
We live in a world where it is harder and harder to be heard. I founded SalesPlus MVP Coaching and Training to provide the education, tools and tactics to cut through the noise.
My mission is to empower growth, by not only giving you the tools and techniques to improve but also providing continued support to business owners, leaders, and sales professionals who are dedicated to helping organizations level up.
I use an assessment-based approach that allows individuals and teams to better understand themselves and others. I speak frequenting on communication, stress reduction and teamwork to improve performance. My interactive presentations and workshops provide participants with information, skills and tools that can be used immediately.
As an executive coach, trainer, and inspirational speaker with over 25 years of experience, I’m the Past-President of the Connecticut Chapter of the International Coach Federation, a Certified Master OASIS Trainer, and a DISC Behaviors Facilitator. I currently have over 4.600 Linkedin connections, own and manage 10 groups with over 100, 000 members.
The Chamber of Commerce, Windham Region, is proud to announce that one of its three main focuses this year has been its Women’s Council. The Chamber created the Women’s Council to provide services and programs to support and encourage women’s leadership and ownership in business and to strengthen the impact of women on the economy by creating jobs, fueling economic growth, and building strong communities. Our goals are to:
- Increase awareness of entrepreneurship as a viable means of economic self-sufficiency
- Accelerate the growth rate of enterprises owned by and/or run by women
- Encourage and support women in leadership roles
- Stimulate public policy and system changes that support and strengthen economic, intellectual and emotional empowerment of women
- Provide opportunities for women to meet each other, network and support each other, both professionally and personally, in a positive and effective venue.
The Women’s Council meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month at 11:30-1:00 at Questers’ Way. Lunch is included for $20 for Chamber members and $25 for non-members. If you would like to be a part of this exceptional experience please call us for more information at 860-423-6389 or visit our website WindhamChamber.com.